Saturday 2 April 2011

EVALUATION: How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Final Cut Express 
Final Cut Express is a non-linear video editing application created by Apple Inc. It is the consumer version of Final Cut Pro and is designed for advanced editing of digital video as well as high-definition video, which is used by many amateur and professional videographers. Final Cut Express is considered a step above iMovie in terms of capabilities, but a step underneath Final Cut Pro and its suite of applications.  
I found Final Cut Express a complex piece of software to understand initially. Gradually, however, as I experimented more and more with different parts of the programme, I became more adept at using it to create the effects that I desired. 

Adobe In Design

Adobe In Design is a software application produced by Adobe Systems. It can be used to create works such as posters, flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers and books. In conjunction with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite In Design can publish content suitable for tablet devices. Designers and graphics production artists are the principal users, creating and laying out periodical publications, posters, and print media. It also supports export to EPUB and SWF formats to create digital publications, and content suitable for consumption on tablet computer devices. The Adobe In Copy word processor uses the same formatting engine as In Design.  

Having had previous experience of using In Design, I was confident of creating my two ancillary tasks on this Software. As a result of this previous experience, I am very pleased with both my ancillary projects.

Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop is a graphics editing program developed and published by Adobe Systems Incorporated.
I created the image of the eye using Photoshop. I used the image of the house, cropped it and inserted it into the pupil of the eye. Although I had limited knowledge and experience of using photoshop, I feel that my goal was achieved well.  You can see my finished piece to the right. 

iTunes
iTunes is a proprietary digital media player application, used for playing and organizing digital music and video files. The application is also an interface to manage the contents on Apple's iPod and iPhone lines, as well as the iPad. iTunes can connect to the iTunes Store to purchase and download music, music videos, television shows, iPod Games, Audiobooks, Podcasts, movies and movie rentals (not available in all countries), and Ringtones (only available on iPhone and iPod Touch 4th Generation). It is also used to download Apps from the App Store for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
I used iTunes as the source of listening to my music that I had. I used music from my music library and after many hours of research and discussions with my media teachers I concluded that as long as my use of the tracks excluded the use of lyrics and was not used for monetary profit, I can use the track for educational purposes.

Blogger 

Blogger is a blog-publishing service that allows private or multi-user blogs with time-stamped entries. It was created by Pyra Labs, which was bought by Google in 2003. Generally, the blogs are hosted by Google at subdomain of blogspot.com.
Over the course of the construction of my Trailer, I have been “Blogging” my research, planning, construction and post-evaluation. This is effectively an online diary, which stories my progress. It took me longer than I anticipated to get to grips with the blog. It has allowed me to look at what I have done and keep a record of my work.

Google
Google Inc. is an American multinational public corporation invested in Internet search, cloud computing, and advertising technologies. 
Google is my main and primary search engine. When I was carrying out my research, I used Google to assist me in my research.

Totalflm
Total Film is a British film magazine published 13 times a year (every four weeks) by Future Publishing. The magazine was launched in 1997 and offers film, DVD and Blu-ray news, reviews and features. 
Empireonline.com - Empire is a British film magazine published monthly by Bauer Consumer Media. From the first issue in July 1989, the magazine was edited by Barry McIlheney and published by Emap.

Totalfilm and Empire were the two magazines I chose to do some research on before beginning the ancillary task of my Magazine cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment