Saturday 2 April 2011

EVALUATION: What have you learned from your audience feedback?

To begin with, I am going to show all evidence of feedback I have received.

1.       Janine Harman - I like it! & love the music fits well with the theme. I would change the font of the name of the film to make it stand out from the rest... So it’s clear that’s the title. When the
Music speeds up at the end make the film clips shorter & punchier to make more
of an impact and align with the speed of the Music. 
2.      Katie Davies – I think it's good, the music fits in with it perfectly. It actually scared me :/but you made it seem very realistic and it just all worked together brilliantly. Although i was a tad scared it really was brilliant. To improve you could just change the colour schemes.
3.       Josh Hopgood – The sound works very well. 
4.      Pauline Woodland –It is a video very good. I would change the colour of the title.
5.       Ross Dearman – It is very good overall. Personally, I wouldn’t change anything.
6.      Jade Woodland - It is very good, the music fits to it very well. You could make the title stand out more clearly.
7.       Paige Ferguson – I like the general plot of the trailer and the music sets the scene. However, I think there is possibly too many of the same effect being used. Nevertheless, it is a great trailer.
8.      David Ralph – The plot of the trailer looks good although I did not think the music fitted with some of the scenes it I think overall, it would be very gripping.
9.      Ashley Barnett – I like the use of the filters to create the appearance of CCTV footage. There is a variety of shots and think that the sound works well with the action on the screen.
10.   Hannah Taylor – The music fits in well with the trailer, the different shots are good although you could use different effects.
11.   Georgia Beazant - I like that it's in black and white, it all fits in with the posters. The choice of song is awesome too. It's really good and works well with how it's been filmed. I also think you should make the colour of the title different. That’s it, it's so good.
12.   Megan Hollingshurst - Its really good and the words that come up fit with the music, the shots of all the people milling around is really good as is the shot of a teacher from across the other side as it shows the whole 'watching' concept really well. The only thing i can think of to improve is to make the 'in cinemas' bit into the same font as the other words to link it in - otherwise it’s really good. 
13.   Scott Hodges - I like the camera shots and the CCTV filter is awesome. The only thing i would say about it is i didn’t know what the title was. Maybe use it at the end. The choice of song is good and there were a couple of repeated shots in there but overall I really liked it.
14. Andrew Baines - There are moments of genius in this Aaron, for example the development of tension driven by the music, the initial accelerated shots of the people walking in the atrium and one or two of the cctv shots - very captivating indeed. However, there are two or three shots which look amateur by comparison - shorten and filter them - build to a climax with faster edits and be ruthless with anything that looks plain or awkward; filter it or get rid of it.

From the feedback I have received, I have learnt that the title is not clear enough within the trailer. The viewers did not know what title of what they were watching was until roughly half way through the trailer. I disagree with those who said this, as I felt that it was clear enough what the title was. The early text I used such as “Think about today”, which is a rhetorical question. “They’re watching you” and “Yet one man takes a stand” are statements or fact.

Furthermore, some of my viewers spoke about the fact that it did not stand out enough, meaning that it could be bigger and have more impact on the viewer to tell them that it is the title. I agree with this and hindsight suggests that this would have been an easy thing to rectify. However, my defence is that I was creating a continuity within the trailer for all the text, the exception being the release date, which is larger as I wanted that to be embedded into the audience so they knew when they could go and watch the film in its entirety.
Some of those who provided me with feedback discussed the Colour schemes and that they could be changed. While accepting their views, I chose the colour schemes to reflect the mood of the film. Also, CCTV is mostly black and white.

I chose to heed Andrew Baines' advice and edit the 3rd sequence of sped up footage. I chose to add another filter and two more effects to vary the look it had. 


No comments:

Post a Comment