Saturday 2 April 2011

EVALUATION : How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

Poster


I think that my poster has come out very well. I enjoyed constructing it too. The house in the middle of the eye, which is a photo I took of my friends eye, represents the “Ministries” that are in the George Orwell Novel “1984”. I have tried to keep the poster as “word-free” as possible as to ensure that the eye is the main source of attention.

·         The theme of intrusiveness is beautifully illustrated in the poster. The idea of someone looking deeply into your eye shows a sense of invading ones personal privacy.
·         The poster is fantastic; I really like the image inside the eye. gets the "big brother" point across.
·         On the poster, I think that the "the future is coming bit" should be on the bottom, but otherwise, i really like it.
·         You should have 'the future is coming' bit in a straight line across the top, but yeah it’s wicked :)
·         The bit in the eye is awesome, I think you could put the 'they are always watching' as slightly bigger and so too the film name. Otherwise it’s really good as it hasn’t got too much text to distract from the idea of the film.
·         The Poster is good but the R in ruled gets lost in the white.


Magazine Cover



The magazine cover, which I created on In Design is a piece I am very pleased with. Using my prior knowledge of codes and conventions of magazines and their covers, I used a house style for the magazine but used the same writing on the poster, magazine and trailer for the film  title for continuity and also to create a brand style to some extent. Below is some of the feedback I received for the magazine cover. 

·         With the eye being a non-monochrome colour, it really focuses the audience’s eyes to the cover. The method of using the “Inside” section around the eye serves to help the focussing the audiences eye. However, although the title of the film is clear, it could be larger in size.
·         I like how you've used the black and white, and the eye is blue. This will bring the attention straight to that. So perhaps you should make the title bigger and a bluey/white to bring more attention to that. The writing down the side is good, it's just enough. But it could be slightly bigger and more against the side, if you get what I mean. I like the name of it too and it's obviously been really well thought out.
·         I think you should left align the Smaller text. You have overused Exclamation marks, too many. Also if it’s a Magazine cover does it need to be dated? Ie. It could Be quarterly, such as Spring 2011"
·         I think you should line up the text down the left side and put it all under Inside.
·         The magazine, maybe make the titles more central and also the eye look s a bit too overstretched upwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment